Exercise - How to Create an Attribute/User Defined field (Business Objects)
Navigate to Tools/Business Objects
Create a new Attribute
- Create the name of your Attribute (displayed in the database) you could use Membership as an example or create your own
- Create the Display Name (this is the visible name of the Attribute, shown in areas such as custom links) this can be the same as the "Attribute Name" and shouldn't contain any spaces.
- Select your data type, for this exercise please select a data type of Text
Other data types
- Text - For collecting or using data such as First Name, Post Code etc...
- Number - This can be used for collecting Membership number, contact ID etc...
- True/False - This can be used to collect contact preferences (A preference field means it is a 'yes' or 'no' (boolean) value and will appear as a check box on the contact screen)
- Date - This can be used to collect the date from a web capture form, date of an a event, training etc
- Drop Down - This type is used when a attribute may hold multiple values, they are separated by comma's when importing data.
Select a test contact from Audience/contacts