The drag and drop editor (GatorCreator) allows different salutation fields to be added whether the data is available or empty.
For example, if you store the contacts First Name in the system then you can use the salutation tool to retrieve this data. You can then enter some default text to show if the contact has no first name, "Hi Customer" perhaps.
1. Click on the content area where you would like to add the salutation to
2. Click on the yellow speech bubble icon
3. Salutation Name - You may choose to have more than one salutation within an email and each one will need to have unique name. This identifier is for internal use only and will not bee seen by your contacts.
4. Please select a field- Choose the field that you would like the system to look at.
5. Enter text to display if the field chosen above is not blank- Insert what you would like to be displayed if the field selected is not blank. This is usually a MergeField of the above field but occasionally it might not be
6. Enter text to display if the field chosen above is blank- Insert what you would like to be displayed if the field selected does not have data against the contact record, this is the alternative text.
7. Save and Close- Once you're happy click Save and Close
When you click on the live preview button that appears at the top right of the editor you will be able to view where the salutation placeholder appears.
Editing the Salutation
8. To amend the salutation highlight the salutation text
9. Click on the speech bubble icon to amend the salutation tool.