Creating a new Article
Here you will learn how to create a new article.
Filling in the details
- Enter the name of your article
- Add the new article
- You also have the option to copy an existing article
As you can see a new screen will show up for you to continue the Article creation.
You will need to fill out the fields shown.
Title - Already populated as it assumes the title as the one you typed when the Article was created, although this can be changed
Email short description - Here you will type a short description (summary) of the article.
'read more' link to Web Address
'read more' link to Landing Zone
Where do you want the 'read more' link to go to -
- Landing Zone - If you need to create a page containing the full article rather than sending the user to a web page, click the radio button.
- Type the full article text in the Landing Zone Long Description field.
Drop down 'Read more'
Start date / Expiry date
- Publish Date - Here you can define the starting date of the article, so you can set up a new article to come up days/weeks in advance.
- Article does not expire - This option will allow your article not to have an expiration date (if ticked).
- Expiry Date - Here you can define the expiry date of the article.
To add images to your article you will need to select the Image tab and a new screen will show, here we will have 1 or 2 options for images. If you selected the option Landing Zone for the Where do you want the 'read more' link to go to option, then you will have the 2 options as shown above.
- Short Description Image
- Long Description Image
Please note: the image for the short description should not exceed 100x100 pixels, in the case it does the system will automatically resize it.
After everything is filled out and all the images inserted to finish your article you just need to click Save and Close.
Please note: It is advisable that throughout the creation of the article you save on regular intervals so if you close the article by accident not all the information will be lost and you can resume from the last save.