Why is my Background colour not displaying?
In some of your emails you may set a background colour, such as a dark grey, which displays correctly in the editor, yet will not display in outlook or some other email clients. There is a reason why this is happening and this article will explain why and how to fix this.
This is how your background displays in the editor
- In order for the background colour to display you need to put the whole email in a table,
- Set the width as 100%
- And align.
Please follow the steps below in order create your background.
Cutting the HTML
- Go onto the HTML tab of your design
- Press CTRL A to highlight all of the HTML and then click CTRL X to cut the HTML
Creating the Table
- Create your table
- Click on the table breadcrumb
- Set the width to 100%
- Align your table
- Set the background colour
Pasting the HTML
The Final Outcome
Your email now has a background colour