Using the Salutation Tool
The HTML editor allows different salutation fields to be added whether the data is available or empty. Using an example, if you store the contacts First Name in the system then you can use the salutation tool to retrieve this data. You can then enter some default text to show if the contact has no first name, "Dear Customer" perhaps.
- Place your cursor where you would like the salutation to go.
- Click on the Insert Salutation icon on the right hand side of the editor.
Add Salutation Identifier
The Salutation Screen
- Choose the field that you would like the system to look at.
- Insert what you would like to be displayed if the field selected is not blank. This is usually a custom link of the above field but occasionally it might not be.
- Insert what you would like to be displayed if the above field is blank. This is the alternative text.
- Once you are happy click save and close.
A Salutation Field will have then been inserted. Don't worry your contact will not see this yellow box.