Building an Event
CommuniGator’s Event Management Module allows you to handle events from booking to attendance, all from within the CommuniGator system. This allows for bookings to be made directly from your website, emails or manually take bookings over the phone. These can be both free and paid for events which can link to credit card payments made by Paypal. Confirmations, invoicing, reminders, waiting lists and attendance follow ups can all be handled within CommuniGator’s familiar interface.
To create a new event go to Events Event Setup Add Event, and name your event. Then click on ‘Add’.
Each of the options in the Event Detail screen can be set with required information. There are many options and only those around event name, times etc are required, plus any others that you may like to use as merge fields within event invitation and confirmation emails and reminder emails.
- Set up the Name & Title of your event including a description
- Setting your event to Active will make it bookable and live within your iFame if you are publishing events on your website.
- Event Landing Zone URL - this allows you to select which domain you would like to appear in the URL
- Event URL can be added to a private email and sent to a recipient manually outside of an email campaign
- Event Start Page. Booking form takes you straight to the event form. Landing Page takes you to the a long description of the event and then onto the booking form.
- Setting the Start time and date for your Events
- Integrating your meeting with GoToWebinar
- Selecting your payment option for the event (PayPal for paid events)
- Setting Currency and Vat codes
- Selecting and adding Locations of your events, click the plus button to enter a new location details (Address, map etc)
- Setting the total number of places for your events (after the maximum number has been reached you are able to enable a waiting list)
- Setting a boundary of when delegates must book buy
- Selecting and adding a manager of the event, The person responsible for the event. Click the plus button to input new event managers, including email address and contact numbers.
- Moving the event in to one of your existing events folders
- Setting up discount bookings
- Selecting and adding an event category, you are able to assign the event to one or multiple categories. This is mainly used for when adding events to your website so you are able to show only events of a particular category.
Right click on the ‘Category’ heading in order to add a new category. Once a category has been added you can select it in order to change it’s name.
This page includes details that you would like to make available within the booking process, and also as merge data within your event invitations or confirmations.
- Insert your company logo. This will be used within the booking process.
- A short description of what the event is.
- A longer description. This may include an agenda of the day etc.
Event Description - Content
- You are able to set up custom content for your event. This content will be displayed on the first event page. The custom content will automatically be added after the long and short descriptions, if they have been selected. For each custom content you can set up campaign and non-campaign content. Campaign content will be displayed when the event has be viewed via a campaign and the non-campaign content when not. You can re-order the content using the arrows in the listbox.
- If you would like to add links to documents or other websites within the booking process.
Event Display Field Visibility allows you to display the information that you have previously entered on the Events Details section on the first page of the booking form for the recipient.
By selecting each tick box, this will enable each option from 1 to 5 to be visually displayed on the first page of the booking form.
Event Booking Field Visibility allows you to display the information that you have previously entered on the Events Details section on the second page of the booking form for the recipient.
By selecting each tick box, this will enable each option to be visually displayed on the second page of the booking form.
Note: email address is the only required field.
Within the Display Settings you are able to adjust some of the basic Template wording options and button adjustment
- Select STYLE tab to get access to the fonts and colour options.
- Select LOGO tab to get access to the image manager and browse/upload your company logo.
- Change you font on the template to a web base friendly font.
- Select a previously saved Modified Style.
- Show Modified Styles only in the drop down list.
- Select a standard Front Style or add in your own (these can be saved).
- Select a main colour for your template or add in your own (these can be saved).
- Select the Event Booker Confirmation email, this is the email to be sent to the booker (if the event is paid for). If a free event then this should be sent to the confirmation email.
- Select the Event Delegate Confirmation email, this is the confirmation email that will be received by everyone but the booker.
- Provide the Sender Alias.
- Provide the Sender Email Address.
- Choose who to send the confirmation email to
Reminders can be set to send out an email to all delegates a number of days prior to the event. They can also be set to go to any email address or distribution list so may be used to send delegate lists to trainers or speakers.
- Click Insert Reminder or Edit Reminder
- Create a name
- Add any relevant notes
- Select a send method form date to day
- Select the date or days from the event you would like the reminder to be sent
- Select the reminder Audience, this can be a Single Person, All Delegates, All Waiting Bookers, Al Bookers, All Unpaid Bookers
- Add in the Person Responsible First Name
- Add in the Person Responsible Last Name
- Add in the Person Responsible Email Name
- Select the Reminder Email Template
- Subject Line
- Click Manage Bookings
- Click add Booking to add people in manually to your event
- Add Bookings in manually
- Export Bookings to Excel, allows you to export booking data from the event to excel in several.
- Take the Attendee Register list.
The manage bookings screen is broken down across tabs to identify the following:
You can edit or cancel bookings by clicking on the booking reference and changing the status.
By using the attendee register you are able to mark contacts as attended. From this screen you can also click ‘View URL’ to be given a URL that is accessible from outside of the system. This would allow you to complete attendance at the event on any internet enabled device without logging into CommuniGator.
Email Invites, Confirmations, Invitations & Reminders
These are created in much the same way you would any other email. By using the ‘Custom Links’ drop down list you’re able to add merge data from the event itself.
Email Invite (Links)
1. Insert Event info e.g. Event Title, Date, Short Description etc...
Note: All Event emails can contain Event merge fields but this will only work if you are linking to a single event not multiple events.
2. Highlight the relevant text and Insert the Event link and give it a reference number, this is to be used for the campaign reference between your email and event (the same as landing zones), you can link to multiple events or the same event and link from text or images using this icon.
Email Invite (Blocks)
- Click on insert Events Block
- Add in the name of you event block (internal reference)
- Select a template
- Edit you Event Block using the provided font and colour option note you are also able to add in your modified styles
- After attaching the email invitation to your campaign click on ‘setup events’
- Then select each event you would like to attach and move to right side of the screen. Any Merge fields contained in the email will be picked up from the first event you move across (Event 1). If using an event block, events will appear in the order chosen here.
Deploy to web
Your events may be shown on your website, allowing to people to book directly on to your events. This is created within the deploy to web area.