Mapping fields between your CRM and CommuniGator using Integration Mappings
The mappings tab allows you to add new as well as edit previous mappings that you would like to bring across from your CRM System.
To get to the mappings screen you will need to click on the tools- Integration tab. This will default you to the General tab which informs you of your current integration status, click on the mappings tab which is the section you will need to visit if you would like to create new or edit any mappings.
If the field that you are trying to integrate with GatorMail is a new field you will need to click the Get Schema button- this will refresh the database structure to bring across any new fields that aren't apparent in CommuniGator. The Get Schema button can take up to 10 minutes to upload the new fields. You can check the status of the Get Schema button by going back to the General tab and when you see Green ticks next to the Field mapping updates this means the Get Schema task has finished.
Expand the mapping set type that you would like to add a new mapping for, by clicking the highlighted arrow below, please note the mapping sets could appear as different names in your GatorMail instance.
1) To add a new mapping on the + sign that appears next to the text Add a mapping.
2) If you need to delete a field mapping at any time, all you need to do is click on the delete button, and the mapping will be deleted.
Once you have clicked on add a mapping you will be presented with the above screen.
1) Select the CommuniGator Attribute name that you want to map to. If it doesn’t appear in CommuniGator you will need to create a business Object in your CommuniGator instance, this can be completed by clicking tools-business object, add new attribute.
2) Add the CRM Attribute name, this will be the mapping set that you are trying to map to i.e. Contact or Lead.
3) CRM attribute name- This is the name of your attribute in your CRM system. The name of the attribute can be found within your Schema table, if you do not have access to the schema table you will need to speak to your internal IT Team or CRM administrator.
4) With the Data Cleanse option selected, it will tell the integration to integrate back the data for this field. This will mean as and when new data is updated in that field it will integrate back to CRM.
Once you are happy that the mapping has been set up correctly and is mapping to the field that you wish to share with GatorMail click on the insert button. If you would like to cancel your changes click on the cancel button.
Publishing the changes
Once you have made any changes to your mappings weather it is deleting a mapping, editing a mapping or creating a brand new mapping you MUST select publish changes for the information to pull across when you next pull through a campaign. One thing to note is if you have added a new field the data from your CRM system will not automatically update in GatorMail if you wish to update your contact records you will need to pull a new campaign from your CRM system to CommuniGator for the mappings to update.