Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 - 2016 Quick Start Guide
There are 3 components of an emarketing campaign; the marketing list, the campaign and the campaign activity.
Marketing List - This is the group of contacts that should receive your email. You can build this by using the lookup function or advanced find.
Campaign - The campaign is a holder for each campaign activity (email) that you will send. This is not used by CommuniGator.
Campaign Activity - Once passed into CommuniGator, this will become the email campaign.
Building The Marketing List
1) Navigate to the Marketing area of Dynamics CRM.
2) Select Marketing lists.
3) Create a new marketing list.
4) Name your marketing list- You can select any name but be aware you may wish to reuse this list on multiple campaigns.
5) Select whether the audience of this marketing list will remain static or will be updated dynamically based on an advanced find query.
6) Choose what type of record the marketing list will be aimed at e.g. Contact, Lead or Account.
7) Use a look up to select the marketing list members or click through to 'Manage Members' to use an advanced find to add or remove members.
Manage Members Of The Marketing List
1) In the marketing list members view click 'Manage Members'.
2) Select either a lookup or an Advanced Find to add or remove members.
Using Advanced Find To Add Members To The Marketing List
1) Build a query to select the members of the new marketing list- The example above would select all Contacts in the County of Surrey, who opened the Monthly Newsletter email campaign.
2) Click find to evaluate the results then choose "Add all the members returned by the search to the marketing list", then click "Add to Marketing List".
Navigate To Marketing, Campaigns
1) Select Campaigns from the Marketing area of Dynamics CRM.
Create a new Campaign
1) Create a new Campaign- This Campaign will be the campaign which one or more separate email campaigns can be run under.
2) Name the Campaign. This example Campaign will be use to run and manage all monthly newsletters.
Attach The Marketing List To The Campaign
Create A New Campaign Activity
Send The Campaign Over To CommuniGator
1) Enter a name for the Campaign Activity. Note- This will be the name that is shown in CommuniGator as the campaign name.
2) Select the Channel Type- The options are CommuniGator Static, for a static non-reccuring Campaign; CommuniGator Refresh, for a refresh non-reccuring campaign & CommuniGator Follow Up, for a follow up campaign.
3) Select the start and end dates for the email marketing campaign- note these date will dates used in CommuniGator for when to initiate and terminate the email marketing campaign.
4) Confirm the correct Marketing List is attached to the Campaign Activity as this will be the marketing list that is passed into CommuniGator for the email marketing campaign.
Once the campaign activity has been saved with a channel type of 'CommuniGator' it will be sent over to CommuniGator within approximately 5 minutes.