How to automatically send a campaign to someone that fills in a web capture form
The below article provides a step-by-step guide on how to create a campaign that is triggered to send out from a submission of a web capture form.
To achieve this the following requirements will need to be met:
- A Refresh Non-Recurring Campaign.
- A group for the new prospects to be included into.
- A live Web Capture form.
The below example shows how to create a campaign that is triggered to send by a web capture form submission:
Step 1 - Creating the Campaign
Go to Campaigns and Add a New Campaign.
- Set the Action Type for the Campaign to be Refresh Non-Recurring.
- Make sure that the End Date is set far enough in the future so that the Campaign remains live.
The rest of the Campaign will need to be setup as normal. (Entering the Alias, Reply-To, Attach the email etc)
Step 2 - Creating the Group
Add a rule for a contact to be included into the group.
In order for this to be successful you would need to make sure you have at least one contact in the group as failing to do so will prevent the campaign from being initiated. This included contact is purely for the setup only so we strongly advise including yourself or a colleague into the group. (You may need to add yourself as a contact within CommuniGator first).
NOTE: You can use an existing group for this however the contacts within that group will receive the campaign once initiated so therefore we recommend building a new group (with one included contact) for the prospects to be included into when the web capture form has been submitted.
Click on Add Rule
- Select Contact Rule
- Add a Description and select the Contact field ‘EmailLogin’
- Next select the Operator to be 'Is Equal To'
- Enter the ‘contacts’ email address.
- Click Add
This rule has now been applied to the group in which the contact should now be added.
Step 3 - Initiating the Campaign
In order for the campaign to be triggered from the web capture form the campaign will need to be initiated first. After you have reviewed the campaign details, added the audience and attached the email you are ready to initiate.
Note: The campaign will be sent to the included contacts within the group. This campaign will now remain live until the 'Close Date and Time' has been reached. In the meantime any contacts that are included into the group will be sent the campaign automatically.
Now that the campaign has been initiated, you are ready to create or modify the web capture form to configure the submit options.
Note: The yellow tick indicates the campaign status as live.
Step 4 - Modification of the Web Capture form.
When a prospect submits a web capture form you have the ability to configure the submit options to include them into a specific group.
1. Click/Highlight the submit button.You may need to click the 'INPUT' text that appears in the breadcrumb at the bottom of the editor in order for the submit button to be highlighted.
2. Click the icon to enter the 'submit button' options.
3. Follow the instructions through and select the group (that you attached to the campaign) from the drop down menu.
4, Finish the 'submit button' options and Save the Web Capture form.
The setup is now complete. - When the Web Capture form is now submitted, the prospect is then added into the group and therefore sent the email from the campaign.
If you have any questions regarding this help article then please do not hesitate to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org