Exercise - Creating a Web Capture form
Why use web Capture?
Web capture is an invaluable asset to any business allowing you to collect new data on existing contacts i.e. personal information & event/newsletter sign up or even an Unsubscribe preference centre! As well as being able to update existing contact information to insure that you have the highest level of data available with no manual effort needed. It’s also worth noting that web capture is available under tools, this can be added to your website to collect new contact data.
Landing Page Example:
Tools/Web Capture Example:
Creating a sign up form (Tools/Web Capture)
1. Create a new Web Capture Form
2. Insert a table 4x2
4. Place your cursor in to the top right hand cell and click insert web capture
Web Capture details
- Add name of field
- Select the tick box (allows contact mapping)
- Map to the correct field in the contact data base
- Select your question field type
- Click next
6. Set as mandatory
7. Change text to First Name Missing
8. Click Finish
7. Repeat this step for Last Name & Email (Email= EmailLogin)
8. Now place your cursor in the bottom right hand side of the table
9. Click on insert Web Capture submit button
10. Create the text of "Submit"
11. supply a thank you message
12. Provide a group a group name (this could be attached to a campaign)
13. Click Next
14. Click Finish (this option is selected to approve all data entry's but you are able to allow this to go straight back to the data base)
Add the form to your web page
15. select the details tab
16. select the URL and past in to a browser; Test!
17. Happy with your test you can now add the code to the Iframe on your website
18. Save & close