Microsoft Dynamics 365 Quick Start Guide
There are three components of an emarketing campaign; the marketing list, the campaign and the campaign activity.
- Marketing List - This is the group of contacts that should receive your email.
You can build this by using the lookup function or advanced find.
- Campaign - The campaign is a holder for each campaign activity (email) that you will send. This is not used by CommuniGator.
- Campaign Activity - Once passed into CommuniGator, this will become the email campaign.
Building The Marketing List
- Navigate to the Marketing area of Dynamics CRM.
- Select Marketing lists.
- Create a new marketing list.
- Name your marketing list. You can select any name but be aware you may wish to reuse this list on multiple campaigns.
- Select whether the audience of this marketing list will remain static or will be updated dynamically based on an advanced find query
- Choose what type of record the marketing list will be aimed at e.g. Contact, Lead or Account.
- After you save the Marketing List 'Manage Memebers' will then appear.
Manage Members Of The Marketing List
Once you've clicked on the plus button that appears to the right handside of Members, you will be able to select the option of how you would like to find your members. The two most common options are highlight above. Once you've selected the option click on the continue button.
Using Advanced Find To Add Members To The Marketing List
1. Build a query to select the members of the new marketing list -
The example above would select all Contacts in the County of Surrey, who opened the Monthly Newsletter email campaign.
2. Click find to evaluate the results then choose "Add all the members returned by the search to the marketing list", then click "Add to Marketing List".
1. Click on the tick at the top of the add members to select all members that meet the advanced find query
2. Click on Add to Marketing List
Navigate To Marketing, Campaigns
- Select Campaigns from the Marketing area of Dynamics CRM.
Create a new Campaign
- Create a new Campaign- This Campaign will be the campaign which one or more separate email campaigns can be run under. For example Newsletters 2018 would be the campaign name inside of MSCRM you would then create a Campaign Activity for every newsletter in 2018.
2. Name the Campaign- This example Campaign will be use to run and manage all monthly newsletters.
3 Save - Before you can create the Campaign Activity or attach your Marketing List you need to save the Campaign.
4. Click the plus symbol under 'Marketing Lists' to attach a marketing list.
Attach The Marketing List To The Campaign
- Search for the Marketing List that you would like to attach to the Campaign
- Select the Marketing List you wish to send the email campaign to.
- Once you've selected the Marketing List click on the Select Button
- Click Add
- Confirm that you would like the Marketing list to be added to the campaign and all undistributed campaign activities
To the campaign and all undistributed activities - This means that the marketing list will be attached to the campaign and all campaign activities associated with this campaign
To campaign only - The marketing list will be attached to the campaign, however will not be attached to any associated campaign activities, therefore you will have to attach the relevant marketing list to each campaign activity manually. This option is for if you need different marketing lists associated to each individual campaign activity due to different email content within the same CRM campaign.
Create A New Campaign Activity
- Click on the plus button to create your Campaign Activity-
The Campaign Activity will create a campaign inside of CommuniGator. Referring back to the example later this is where you would create a campaign activity for each Newsletter that you will be sending out
Send The Campaign Over To CommuniGator
1. Enter a name for the Campaign Activity.
Note- This will be the name that is shown in CommuniGator as the campaign name.
2. Select the Channel Type-
CommuniGator Static- Will pull over anyone that is orignally included within the marketing list, but if a new contact was added to the marketing list associated with the campaign acitivty they would not pulled over to CommuniGator
CommuniGator Refresh- Is looking for new contacts being added to the marketing list
CommuniGator Follow Up- Doesn't bring over an audience as this channel type is used for Follow Up emails i.e. non opens, Campaign Series and Workflows
3. Select the start and end dates for the email marketing campaign- note these date will dates used in CommuniGator for when to initiate and terminate the email marketing campaign. Please be aware when the Scheduled End date is reached and your using a Dynamic Marketing List and and a CommuniGator Refresh campaign the audience will stop coming over.
4. Click the Save button
Once you click the Save button the Marketing List that you've attached to the campaign inside of MSCRM will appear and the campaign will now be in the process of sending over to GatorMail
Once the campaign activity has been saved with a channel type of 'CommuniGator', it will be sent over to CommuniGator within approximately 5 minutes.
Once you have set up your Campaign and Audience in CRM login to your Single Sign On (https://signon.communigator.co.uk/) and go into GatorMail
- Select the Campaigns Tab
- Your Campaign will be at the top of the list ready to set up, click on the set up button
- Select the Type of Campaign you would like to use - Quick Campaign or Campaign
- Select the Campaign Strategy, what data is this campaign for?
- Click 'Use Campaign' to complete the set up
After Set Up you will be taken in to the campaign where you can add the rest of the details, creative and test before initiating.
Results in CRM
Once you start getting opens and clicks for your email activities, these will populate in CRM and become visible. Whether looking at them in Gator or Dynamics you will be able to see how effective your email campaigns are for your marketing efforts.
- In your CRM on the top bar select the drop down option
- Select Marketing
- Select Campaigns to search for the Campaign you would like to see the results of
- You are also able to access overall CommuniGator History and Activity here
- Select the Campaign you would like to view the results of
- Select the Campaign Activity you would like to view the results of (this will be the Individual Campaign within CommuniGator)
- Here you can see the overall statistics for this Campaign Activity
- Here you can name of the Campaign Activity
- The date and time this Campaign was sent
- The action type such as email sent, clicked
- This is the subject line of the Campaign in CommuniGator
- History (Campaign Sent)
- Contact history or action is against
As stated above in step 6. you can click on the 'History' which will then take you into a more in depth version of the results including a URL to view the creative email