Step 9: Setting up alerts
One of GatorLeads' great features includes setting up alerts. These alerts can be based on any number of activities on your website, from when a company comes back on your website to when a visitor hits a key page.
To get to Alerts, just click on Alerts in the top menu bar.
Below is one of our Whatfix flows, walking you through the steps of setting a watch alert.
Please maximise the video screen to see the full flow
This page gives you the option to:
- The option to create a new alert
- See all the alerts that have been set up
- The orange bar shows you how many alerts you are allowed and how many you have enabled
- Edit any current alerts
- Copy any current alerts
- Delete any current alerts
Creating a new alert
Click the purple Create New Alert button.
Then name your alert, choose the frequency, the time you want to run the alert and whether you want to turn the alert on right now. Then you can set up the rules of the alert.
Setting up the rules of the alert
You can select your rules based on different criteria such as Page Visits, Leads Types, and Campaigns etc. You can also combine rules to make filtering more specific.
NOTE: If you have more than 1 rule to an alert, your lead will have to have completed all the rules for that alert in order for you to get a notification.
Filter by Page Visits
If you would like to set a rule based on a particular page individuals have visited, you can do this on the page visits option.
1) Make sure the switch has been set to on.
2) If you would like to apply the criteria by URL, select the URL option. With this option, you will need to make sure the page you have selected has a GatorLeads tracking code on it. If you paste the URL and the page highlights green, you have a tracking code in place and can set up the alert. If the URL highlights red then please contact email@example.com who will be able to help you set up the alert.
3) If you would like to apply the alert criteria by Category, select the category you would like to use for the alert.
Filter by Campaigns
You can set alerts to filter by campaigns too. To use this function, you must be sending UTM values. UTM Campaign values from mediums such as social or PPC can be read, however this may mean there is no email address associated with the contact that matches the alert criteria.
1) You can either enter the campaign manually or use the search icon that is highlighted in the below screenshot, which displays a list of all the campaigns that GatorLeads has picked up on.
2) You are able to select the alert based on how recently your visitors have interacted with the campaign too. If you would like to do this, click on the drop down box and select the time that meets your criteria.
Filter by Referrer
The Referrer option allows you to restrict alerts to visits generated from specific third party sources. This is useful if you have campaigns driving traffic to a specific page on your website. The “Exact Match” option allows you to fully qualify a singular referrer source as opposed to any traffic from a third party in general.
Filter by Keyword
This filter will alert you when a certain keyword has driven a visitor to your site. Please note, this only works with words, not phrases.
1) You can search for the keywords that have been used in GatorLeads or you can enter the keyword into the keyword search bar.
2) If you would like to have an exact match on the word, we suggest using the search bar. This ensures GatorLeads will not provide an alert if it does not match the keyword.
Filter by Lead Type
To filter alerts by certain types of visitors, select the lead type and then set the types that you would like to include in the alert. Please note, you are not able to create new lead types. These are all set as default in GatorLeads.
Filter by Lead Status
To filter alerts by the status of the visitor, select 'Leads Status' and then set the types that you would like to include in the alert.
Filter by Lead Band
To filter your alert by lead band, select the relevant band. NOTE: you can only choose one band per alert. The bands are controlled as part of your lead score setup.
Setting up Alert Actions
Once you have set up the alert's rules you are able to move onto the send to section. This allows you to select the contacts that you would send the alert to.
Once you are happy with the criteria and sending of the alerts click Save Alert.
Changing Your Alert
1) If you need to change anything on your alert, just click on one of the tabs or press the previous button. Or, if you are happy with the alert, click Save Alert.
2) If you are happy with the alert, click 'Save Alert'
3) If you would like to cancel this alert and lose any additional changes, click cancel
4) If you click on the email tab it will provide you with the option to enter the email address of who you want the alert to be sent to
5) Once you have entered the recipients email address, click 'Add Email Address'. You can add as many recipients to the alert as you would like
6) If you would also like to email the alert to the assignee, tick the alert assignee box