Composing a post for multiple socials
The posting messages option is the functionality enabling you to post messages to your connected social channels.
If you have only connected your Twitter account this will default to messages posted to your Twitter account. If you have connected a Facebook page or LinkedIn profile you’ll be able to select which networks to post to.
Composing a post
1. Select 'Compose' from the grey toolbar. This will bring up a new window as shown below.
- Click on the drop down to select which social network you would like to post to.
- Here you can view the social channels the post is going to.
- Add in your content for the social media post here.
- Click on the drop down to select an existing campaign. Alternatively, if you would like to create a new campaign enter in your campaign name (the campaign is used to build your UTM values).
- This button will send the post immediately to the social media channels you have selected.
- Save the post to the library which can be found under the 'Publishing' tab, and selecting 'Auto Queue'.
- Clicking on the calendar will allow you to schedule your social media post.
- This will send the post according to your schedule, either queued or immediate sending.
A "Please Wait" loading message will appear as the post processes.
If you wish to schedule the post, the calendar icon allows you to do so.
- Click the calendar icon as indicated.
- Select the date you would like the post to send out on.
- Select the time you would like the post to send out on
- Click on the schedule button to schedule the post.
If you want to post to all networks, but tailor the content for each network:
- Tick the 'Advanced' checkbox.
- Select the social media channel using the tabs to insert your message for each.
- To add in a persons social handle, type their name into this box and select the '+' button. This will appear in the text area of the message.
When you add a URL into the post content, it generates a preview of the link which appears in your post.
As you can see above, it shows you the title of the website, the URL, and a description which you insert. It also shows you which image you can pick that is present on that website page. In this case the Gator is on our Help Site homepage, so it is the image available for the preview.
Please Note: When you paste in a URL CommuniGator shortens it and adds UTM values automatically. So there is no need to use bitly or any other URL builder.
Please Note: This preview function is only available for LinkedIn posts.
1. To add images to your Twitter post, select the the camera icon.
2. This will bring up a pop-up, allowing you to select an image to upload.
Please Note: The function to add in standalone images to your post is only available for Twitter posts.