UTM Values Added to Social Posts
The term UTM stands for Urchin Tracking Module and is the code that Google uses to track your unique URLS.
Adding this to your social posts will enable you to track the success of posts and attribute them to your marketing campaigns.
All posts from Gator Social now carry UTM values for easier monitoring of your post links back to your website. These will appear at the end of your URL when adding the link in Gator Social.
The UTM can look like:
The UTM is broken down into:
- Source: Gator Social.
- Medium: Social Media type in the example above Twitter.
- Campaign: The name of the Campaign in Gator social.
Finding your UTM values in GatorLeads
- It is a bit hidden, but the UTM filter option is on the far right of the page as a funnel icon. Click this icon to bring up the UTM filter list.
- Select a date range in which you want the search to be done in.
- Here you can enter one or multiple UTM values. These can be manually entered or you can click on the table icon next to the specific filter, bringing up a list of UTM's used before.
- We can see here that GatorSocial is a UTM value in the pre-populated list.
- Once you have added the values you want to search for, click the 'Filter' button.
Now you can see what companies or contacts obtained a certain score from clicking on your social posts.